Thursday, March 8, 2012

SAN FRANCISCO!!! HERE WE COME!!!

So just to give everyone an update on our lives.... Scott got a job with North American Healthcare as a healthcare administrator... thus moving us to California. Scott moved there yesterday to start his training program of 6 months. Its crazy to think I will be living in a place I was once a tourist at!! I wanted to move somewhere warmer.. and yes there will not be snow:).. and overall it is warmer but never gets hot! My brother Jake and his family lives in that area so we are excited to have some family close by! Scott is super excited to become a hardcore open water swimmer in the bay. i am still hesitant knowing that area has more shark attacks than most others. Not sure if I can overcome that fear!! We will be living near the Peninsula in Pacifica. I am still here in Utah working and we still have our house to figure out. To become a hygienist in Cali is a pain and super expensive... but you gotta do what u gotta do. They require me to take a 3 weekend course to reteach local anesthesia, nitrous oxide and soft tissue curettage... the reason is if you did not attend a Cali hygiene school you were not taught enough hr in these things. Oh by the way it only costs 4,000 dollars!!! Ive only been practicing for 6 yrs.. i think i have had enough hrs!! Cali just wants money. The good thing is the job market for a hygienist is good and the pay is even better. Needless to say we are excited to start this new chapter in our lives! I move in Mid may!! its only been 1 day and i miss my hubby so much...hopefully these 2 months will fly by!

1 comment:

Ian and Kristin said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you are moving!! What is Dr. M going to do without you?? Best of luck to both you and Scott.