Friday, October 25, 2013

Vegas and Ava's baby blessing

Two weekends ago, Scott, Ava and I flew to Las Vegas for a surprise 80th birthday party for Scott's Grandpa. Ava did great! I was worried for the plane ride. She slept most of the way but did fuss a couple times due to her ears and altitude change I think.  It was a fun weekend with family. On Friday Scotts Mom babysat Ava while we went on the strip during the day. That night was the party at Cabo Wabo!! Food was yummy. Saturday we went swimming, and Scott and his family went to a Vegas show: David Copperfield magic show; while I watched Ava and her cousin Brooklyn.  Sunday was church and more family time and then flew home. Ava was a hit, everyone wanted to hold her and she was good about it. When we came back that Monday she was a little off, I think from all the weekend excitement, and refused to sleep all day. Luckily that did not last!

Ava at Airport
Family picture at Cabo Wabo
Sleeping situation at hotel

  This past weekend was a special weekend for Ava. Saturday we woke up and took her out on a long run along the crystal springs Reservoir paved trail in the stroller. Scott pushed her and she slept the whole time. It was nice to get outside and run because I usually just run on the treadmill because its just easier. Then we took her to the pumpkin patch and got some cute pictures. Sunday was the day of the blessing. We were going to bless her in Nov but she is just growing too quick! She barely fit into the special blessing dress my mom made for her. It sure was beautiful on her!
 
I arrived a little early so I could feed her and then put dress on. Feeding usually calms her and puts her to sleep and sleep is what we wanted! She looked so adorable in the dress. She looked like a doll!! Scott gave a wonderful blessing and Ava slept the whole time. My brother Jake was able to be in the prayer circle along with some close friends. We are so blessed to have Ava and love her more and more everyday!
Blessing Shoes my Mom made. They have her birth date and Initials

No comments: